There are many condiments that go on a classic burger, such as pickles, ketchup, mayo, garlic mayo, etc. Why not combine all of the aforementioned accoutrements and make it into the most delicious sauce known to mankind? Put this sauce on the table at your next cookout and your sandwiches will be blanketed in happiness.
A briny, bright, and creamy sauce that tops your juicy, rich burger. What a combination!
- 1 cup mayo, good quality makes a difference
- 1 cup ketchup of your choice
- 1 whole dill pickle or 4 pickle spears, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, ketchup, minced pickle, cayenne, garlic salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Wisk together to combine.
- Taste for seasonings at this stage. Add more garlic, ketchup, cayenne, whatever you like. Adjust it to fit your taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This sauce will last up to a week in the fridge, covered. Top your grilled burgers and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Feelings in Food, linked here: http://feelingsinfood.com/homemade-burger-sauce/
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American