Grilled seafood is in the league of it’s own. Shrimp cook so quickly, so it is important to start this dish when you are ready to eat. The longest part about this recipe is soaking the wooden skewers. Seriously. This sweet-and-savory dish is a home run.
These shrimp cook quickly on the grill and are served with a sweet honey butter, perfect for last-minute company.
- 20 6-inch bamboo skewers
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 lb fresh medium-sized shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling to ensure they do not burn on the grill. Be sure they are completely submerged in the water.
- Heat up your grill to medium heat. While heating, combine your honey, butter, garlic, pepper, and chives in a bowl. Add your shrimp and toss to coat evenly in the sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Skewer 4 pieces of shrimp on each stick, spacing them out as evenly as you can. This is for more even cooking on the grill.
- Place shrimp skewer on the grill. Cook 5-7 minutes with the lid on, turning once. Serve immediately
- Once the shrimp are opaque and firm to the touch, they are done. Overcooked shrimp is the most common mistake, so err on the side of caution if cooking longer than 7 minutes.